- See more at: http://myblogrtricks.blogspot.com/2014/07/how-to-show-post-title-before-blog.html#sthash.p9yUfIwF.dpuf

Friday, April 25, 2014

Stimulate Your Imagination With Arianna's Awakening!

I apologize for the long wait on this one. Rural internet providers tend to take their time when an issue arises. 

But!

The wait was worth it.

My latest treasure hunt caused me to discover a paranormal romance that was truly enjoyable.

cover design by Phatpuppy Art
Cover Design by Phatpuppy Art

That treasure is called Arianna's Awakening, and it's written by Jennifer & Christopher Martucci - a husband/wife team. At the moment, the link to their page (darkcreationssaga.com) is broken, but I suspect that this is a momentary lapse as they update. I'll update my post, as well, as soon as I see that it's working again.

So what's it about?

As a girl whose mother has uprooted her from one home to the next throughout her life, Arianna Rose has led a far from normal life. When she moves to Herald Falls, though, she finds that her life is even more complex than she ever knew. Arianna exhibits strange powers that scare her, discovers that she's being hunted by a ruthless foe, and is told that she is the Sola, a powerful woman that is needed to defend others like herself from those that seek to destroy them.

Arianna's Awakening was a page-turner, and the dialogue was spectacular. I was able to not only believe that these words were spoken by the individual characters, but I was also able to give them unique voices within my mind.

I love dialogue like that!!!

I found myself wrapped up within the story, internally shouting things like, "No, Arianna... don't do that. You really don't want to do that. (pause as I read the next sentence) Oh, god, you did it!"

And then... I continued to read more, knowing that Arianna was going to go from bad situation to worse. I wanted her to be happy - yearned for her to be happy. And maybe she will be...

In the next book.

Noooo! I can't wait that long!

Ok, that's not true. I can wait that long... mainly because the next one, Arianna Rose: The Gathering, is already out for download.

Yay!

I really loved this one, and look forward to reading the next, but it wasn't quite a Treasured Tome. It's the closest one yet, though.

The only thing that kept this one from hitting Treasured Tome status was that I didn't feel the need to call everyone I know and harass them to hurry up and read it. This may have been because the passive writing voice slowed it down a little too much.

But it was truly amazing, and well worth a read. You can get it, as well as other Martucci ebooks at the Smashwords, Nook, and Kindle stores.

***Brief note: The cover art has changed since I downloaded this ebook, so don't be surprised when what you see isn't the same as what I show on this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moderated to reduce comments that are unrelated to the post.